This accessibility statement applies to the Newton Fund and Global Challenges Research Fund website: www.newton-gcrf.org
This website is run by the Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- clearly identify and distinguish visual elements due to sufficient colour contrast
- easily navigate between different areas of the website
- zoom in up to 400% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- use the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDAand VoiceOver).
- understand most of the content as it is written in simple and plain English
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website are not fully accessible:
- Not all of the non-text content has sufficient alt text in place. For example, imagery migrated from old posts and articles may have some missing text alternatives.
- There are some instances of video content that are missing captions, audio description or media alternative.
- The map feature on the website is provided by a third party supplier, Mapbox and is not fully keyboard operable. However, we have provided visitors with an alternative listed view of all countries in order to meet accessibility regulation.
- Many of the current PDF files have not been created with accessibility in mind.
Feedback and contact information
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF or large print please email: [email protected].
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems not listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact [email protected].
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you’re not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
The Department for Business, Energy and Industrial Strategy is committed to making its Newton Fund and GCRF website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This site is partially compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard. The non-compliances and exemptions are listed above.
Preparation of this accessibility statement
This statement was prepared on 28 October, 2020. It was last reviewed on 28 October, 2020.
This website was last tested on 28 October 2020 using both manual and automatic testing methods. The test was carried out by JBi Digital in collaboration with the BEIS ODA PMO team.
A sample of 12 key pages that have common layouts & features with other website pages were comprehensively tested, in accordance with the accessibility guidelines stated above.
Some of the pages tested include the Homepage, Funds Landing pages, Funding Opportunities, News and Stories of Change.